Thursday, September 3, 2009

My baby is ONE!




Dear Gavin,

My sweet boy, you have completed our family. You are all boy, into everything, trucks & dirt, cabinets & "no nos". You already know how to irritate your sister and give her sweet kisses to make it better. Your curiosity amazes us and your baby babble make us laugh. You are the joy we didn't know we were missing.

You have been so easy and the time has just flown. Over the past week you have really started standing with no hands for a few seconds. We catch you doing it when you don't even realize. It won't be long and you will be walking. You love being outside, playing with your toys and dancing to music. They only fear I have sensed it you don't like to feel like you are falling but are fearless in doing things that could make you fall. You have been going up stairs for months and would just go play in your room until mommy got you. In the last month you have really figured out coming down the stairs. Daddy said it looks like you are parallel parking because you pass the stairs then back up until you go down. It is really cute!

You love your family but do not have a fear of strangers either. Your face lights up when Ashlyn walks in the door from school. You love it when she reads or sings to you. Now, I don't want to admit this but you really are a daddy's boy right now. You love to just sit on daddy to watch movies or sports. Daddy is the pro at putting you to sleep, you just love curling up in his arms. Now mommy, you know she is the go to girl to get what you want. Mommy knows all of your cries, faces, and needs. You can crawl over to me and get whatever you need. I love it when it's nap time and you crawl up on my lap and lay your head down. Or when you want mommy to sing pattycake you will just gently clap your hands until I start. My baby, I love you so much! I can't believe how fast you are growing. I cherish every second with you.

Love,

Mommy


1 comment:

Jeffrey said...

I love it! Of course it made me tear up a bit too. I love you so much. Our family is so perfect. I could never ask for more.